Announcements and Important Events
UPDATED - 11/18/20
Oak Lawn Community High School District 229
Winter Sports Tryout Information and Procedures
Oak Lawn Community High School Athletics is excited to be able to offer registrations for winter sports for the 2020-2021 school year! Winter sports will begin tryouts the week of November 16th.
Given the current guidance and restrictions on practices and competitions for the 2020-2021 winter season, ALL SPORTS will have limited roster spots available. Depending on tryout numbers, traditional “no-cut” sports may need to place a cap on the number of athletes that make the team. With this in mind, it is extremely important that all athletes have a current physical on file with the athletic office and have registered online prior to 2pm on the day of the tryout (see information below). Students that report to tryouts without registration or valid physical on file will be sent home.
Basketball Note: While the basketball season is still slated for the winter according to the IHSA season calendar, we will be following IDPH protocols with regards to practice and competitive play. Basketball remains as a “high risk” sport at this time. Practices will only be comprised of no-contact activity and training. If IDPH conditions and guidance change, or the IHSA makes a decision to adjust seasons, we will send out additional information.
Athletes should report to the following locations for screening and check-in for tryouts 15 minutes prior to the start time:
- Boys Swim and Dive - Spartan Lobby Entrance
- Cheerleading - North Drive building entrance by Gym 10
- Dance - Spartan Lobby Entrance
- Girls and Boys Bowling - Palos Lanes - 11025 SW Hwy, Palos Hills, IL 60465
- Girls and Boys Basketball - Spartan Lobby
Sport specific tryout information:
Health Screening Procedures:
Upon check-in, all athletes must show their completed Skyward Health Screening on their device. Temperatures will be taken. Any athletes with a temperature of 100.4°F or above, or a failed screening, will be sent home.
The following protocols will also need to be completed prior to check-in for tryouts.
- Athletes must have a current physical on file with the athletic office (dated within the last 13 months). Upon check-in, students will be checked for a valid physical. If they do not have a valid physical on file, they will be sent home. Physical forms can be downloaded at this link or from www.olchsathletics.com under the “Files & Links” section.
- Athletes must have registered online for the sport. The registration is available on our athletic web site www.olchsathletics.com under the announcements section, and also at https://oaklawncommunityhs.8to18.com/. Athletes will be checked for completed registration at check-in. If a parent has not registered the athlete prior to 2pm on the day of the tryout, they will be sent home.
Additional tryout information:
- All athletes must come with a facial covering that will be worn at all times unless instructed by the coach that it is safe to remove. Masks must be worn for entry into all tryouts.
- Locker rooms will not be available. All athletes must come to practice prepared.
- Athletes need to bring their own water bottle, shoes, towels, and other personal equipment. The sharing of these items is prohibited.
If you have any questions, please reach out to the athletic office staff.
Jeremey Cryan - Athletic Director
email@example.com - (708) 741-5623
Jeannine McFee - Athletic Secretary
firstname.lastname@example.org - (708) 741-5624